Friday, July 13, 2007

Farmers Market


Jacob and I had the opportunity to visit the American Countryside Farmers Market this morning after swim lessons. This is a neat experience (I've never visited a farmers market before). There were fresh veggies, fruits, flowers, meat, cheese, and anything else you can think of. Highlites for us were the italian bakery where we picked up some goodies for dinner (I'll have to let you know how that turns out). The first floor is all FOOD - fresh, fried, and frozen just about anything you could think of was there. We took the elevator up to the 2nd floor where we found retail shops. There were tons of handcrafted wood furnature, jewlery, purses, a scrapbooking store, and even an alpaca shop !! Then onto the outside which was full of more fresh veggies, amish handcrafted furnature (some neat outdoor features), fresh flowers, and a few windchimes. My favorite !! There was a windchime there that I fell in love with. It was soo pretty when it chimed. I was sold when they said the center was made from recycled plastic milk jugs. I was unsold when I saw the price was over $70. Maybe another time but I didn't bring that kind of money to the farmers market. Overall I would recommend everyone to visit. I do believe I'll go back for more produce and product. Until next time.....

No comments: